Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Goals

I removed my goal for March 1st from the sidebar, because I missed it by about 6 1/2 pounds. I'm really hoping that now that I have exercise equipment at home, I'll be on a better track. I'm losing weight slowly and that wouldn't bother me so much except that I know I have plenty to lose. A year ago I weighed about 10 pounds less than I do right now.

I know things are different for me now. My body is different, I definately have different priorities with my time, and I'm still sleep deprived. I am not committed to this process as much as I used to be, but I still would love to lose the weight.

Having this "competition" with my friends and this blog is helping me in many ways. I conciously choose better foods, because I know I'll have to write it down if I eat badly and that I'll get crap from my friends. (Deep down I know they love me and are doing it for my own good). I don't want to look like a failure to them or myself.

On the upside, Eric is starting to be more supportive too. He wants to help clean the basement out even more and has mentioned that he'll use the treadmill and weight bench. I would love for him to lose some weight too. Not for shallow, vain reasons, but for his health. He's to young to let himself go.

So anyway, I'm going to set a new goal of 145 pounds by GWO. That's 15 pounds in about 6 weeks. That should be doable if I really stay focused. After that 15, I'd like to lose another 5 or 10, but 15 would make me feel great and get me back into most of my old clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home