Sunday, February 22, 2004

Time to Regroup

I think I need to go about this thing in a different way. First of all some honest truths. 1. I can't really focus fully on multiple things at a time. Multitasking is fine when it consists of doing laundry, vacuuming, and watching TV, but major life projects? Forget about it. 2. Right now getting pregnant is more important to me than getting in shape. 3. Eating right and exercise, while it sounds simple takes real will-power.

What to do about it? First of all, I think I'm going to change the format of my posts. I've found myself not posting because I don't want to actually write down what I ate badly. The idea was the fact that I had to write it down would prevent me from eating badly, but it's working the other way around, the fact that I'm eating badly is preventing me from posting. Here's what I want to do. Every morning I'll try to lay out a plan or a few goals, for example, eat only authorized foods, drink all my water, do cardio at the gym. Or if I'm feeling a little less industrious - Don't eat any sweets, only drink a coke after getting in all water. Then as the day goes on. I'll add in positives or negatives about how I'm doing. As far as the specifics of what I eat, if I try a new recipe I liked I'll post, but I don't see why writing down every bite is necessary.

Plans for the future? Ultimately I would love to be in shape. I was really close to where I wanted to be last June/July, but then I got side-tracked with this pregnancy thing. It's going to take a lot of will-power to get that back and I don't know if I can dedicate myself completely to doing BFL if in my spare time I thinking about ovulation and countdowns to test taking. Last time, I spent my free time researching new workouts for the gym and how to get a six-pack. Right now I feel my goals are mutually exclusive.

Now I don't want to give up. All in all, I still want to do the best I can. Here's my plan. I'm giving the TTC thing two more cycles. Probably through the end of April (6 months). If by that time, I'm still not pregnant, I'm going to take a break from trying. I'll stop charting etc. (I'm not going to do anything to prevent pregnancy, but not really focus on trying to get there either). During that break, I will committ to a full-fledged 12 week program. In the mean time, I think I'll have Eric do a before picture of me, that I will post (probably not here) for inspiration and try starting in March to stick to the plan 100%. I did great in January, so it is possible.

I know I sound like I'm wimping out. I'm not giving up though, just trying to be a bit more realistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home