Saturday, March 20, 2004

BFL - Starting Over

I'm tired of feeling fat. I'm serious this time. I'm making the commitment. BFL it is. I re-read the actual book this weekend. I figured out I was at "Crossing the Abyss." I have all the tools I know it works, but I am having trouble following through. I am right now printing out a new "journal" to log all my planned and actual for both eating and workouts. I am going to do the AM cardio thing and not skip workouts. Eric says he's starting Monday too. I'm going to take all my measurements tomorrow and do pictures this time. I'll put links to my before pics on my site for motivation. I'll warn you in advance, it won't be pretty.

"But what if you get pregnant?" you ask? My answer, "I don't care." Waiting on the what if of pregnancy has allowed me to gain approximately 15 pounds in the last 9 months. Maybe the first 5 was legitimate when I really was pregnant, but the next 10 are basically me being too lazy to work at it, just in case I got pregnant. If I had got back on track after my miscarriage, I'd have had 5 months to work at it and might even have a six pack by now. I'm going to commit to 12 weeks no matter what. If I get pregnant, during that time great. BFL is a good "lifestyle." Nothing I will be doing would be "bad" during pregnancy. If anything, it would be better for me as I'll be eating healthy foods and working out. There's no rule saying pregnant women should only eat candy bars and ice cream.

Everytime I tempted to "cheat" I'm going to make a concious choice. Look at those before pictures, is that bite of cookie or bagel worth it? My guess is the answer is probably "no."

For your reference, I'm also posting the forms to use for daily food logs, upper body, lower body, and aerobic workouts. Unfortunately my home computer doesn't have excel, so they are in Quattro Pro, but you can probably convert them if needed.

Ok, here I go. Tomorrow I'll post my starting stats and pictures and Monday it will be "game on." I can do it. I did it before and I want to wear those clothes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home