Friday, January 09, 2004

Friday, January 9 - Week 1, Day 5

Morning Weight - 147.0

Food
Meal 1 - 8:10 a.m. Apple & Protein Shake
Meal 2- 11:45 a.m. Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad from The Elevator
Meal 3- 5:15 p.m. Protein Shake & Orange
Meal 4- 7:00 p.m. Steak Strips on Tortilla with Lettuce and FF Ranch Dressing
Meal 5- 9:30 p.m. Cottage Cheese & FF Yogurt
Meal 6-
Water - 11 cups

Exercise
Didn't make it for cardio this AM, so will have to go after work. Zeus was howling to get out of his cage at 4:00 this morning, so I had to get up and let him outside. Then when I went back to bed I just couldn't get up at 6:00. I know it's an excuse, but I'll make sure I do cardio tonight.

Went to the gym after work. Was doing pretty good until the shake I drank on the way caught up with me. I had to reduce the intensity for my last 2 minutes. Ended up doing 1.68 miles. I think for week 3 I'll increase my speed again.

Thoughts
Thursday's are tough for me for some reason. Today I feel like I have more willpower. If I can make it through today, I can have my free day guilt-free tomorrow. I've seen some changes on the scale too, so that's encouraging. Down 2 pounds this week, 14 more to go!

Not sure if lunch should count as cheating. It's still a salad, but I'm sure unauthorized. What do you think? Romaine Lettuce tossed in some type of vinagerette dressing, topped with pecan crusted chicken, some type of white cheese, green apples and a honey mustard dressing. I passed up the bread and only drank water, but I'm sure the salad had more fat than I should be consuming (cheese, dressing, and pecans add up). I brought my lunch, but ended up having to go out with some colleagues to discuss an account. Here's the deal, I won't count it as cheating, but I'll skip one of my snacks and be sure that everything else is perfect today.

Bad idea - Drinking protein shake immediately before exercising. Protein can cause some unpleasant side effects and it's not good for them to show up while you are on the treadmill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home